Ubiquity to go for a internationalization process thanks to sponsorship with Andrea Mura, ocean racer going to try to replicate his win in Route du Rhum, transoceanic solo regatta departing from St. Malò on November 2nd 2014.
Cagliari-Milan, 31th January 2014
Ubiquity, OLO (Other Licensed Operator) Telco operator providing professional mobile services to large accounts, is changing marketing and communications processes. The company, leading Italian enterprise in managing SMS Alert services for national banks, is focusing more and more on foreign countries after the firm consolidation of its “internal” market.
In order to put in place this new policy, the company has just signed an agreement that can look unusual only to people ignoring ocean racing media strength within Anglo-Saxon and French-speaking countries: from now on, Ubiquity will support famous sailor Andrea Mura.
Andrea Mura has just launched a new challenge: in 2014 he will try to replicate his win in Route du Rhum, transatlantic solo regatta taking place every 4 years. He revealed his plan during a press conference held in Italian Touring Club headquarter in Milan, thus showing the details of 2014 Season
Starting date is November 2 nd from Saint Malò, Bretagna, to reach Point à Pitre, Guadalupe, after 3.543 miles in the cold North Atlantic sea. Mura won in 2010, first Italian to enter the legend after long domination from French oceanic giants.
Mura runs on Vento di Sardegna, a sort of marine Formula 1: at the moment the fastest Open 50 in the world, it comes from a Felci Yacht Design project.
And now, here we are with some facts & figures about upcoming Route du Rhum 2014:
- 100 milions € – Advertising Rating Index;
- 300 milions contacts (Perceived Visibility Index);
- 4 milions televiewers on web e TV for Live Regatta;
- Visibility within 72 countries worldwide, from France, USA, Australia, Japan;
- 70 hrs TV split by 190 channels in 30 countries;
- 50 hrs radio between Europe, Canada e North America;
- over 5.000 written articles between Europe, Canada e North America;
- 1 milion visitors for event’s website;
- 2 milions persons on week before departure;
- 65.000 persons on arrival week;
- 350.000 persons on the coast on departure day;
- 20.000 persons in the sea on departure day.